There are several aid available for companies with the objective of carrying out a digitalization process. With the aim of achieving innovation, generating new opportunities and modernizing the Spanish economy, one of these aid, the Digital Kit initiative, was launched. On September 2nd, a new edition of this aid for companies will be available again, we will tell you about it in this post!
The first Call of this program, aimed at helping small companies with between 10 and less than 50 employees, opened on March 15th and it is going to remain open until September 15th.
The II Call has recently been published, aimed at the digitalization of small companies with between 2 and less than 10 employees, which begins on September 2nd and in which they can obtain an amount of 6.000€.
In La Lonja de la Innovación we are aware of the importance of these kinds of aid for entrepreneurs, therefore, we have summarized all the indispensable information so that you can apply for it and understand its bases.
What is the Digital Kit?
The Digital Kit Program, an initiative of the Ministry of Economics Affairs and Digital Transformation of the Spanish Government, consists of financial assistance to implement digital solutions in small companies, microenterprises and freelancers, with the aim of achieving a digital transformation so that they can evolve and improve their business.
To implement this aid, a digital voucher will be given to the beneficiaries of the program, which amount will vary according to the number of employees of the interested party:
- Small companies with 10 to 50 employees: grants of up to 12.000 euros.
- Small companies or microenterprises with between 3 and less than 10 employees: grants of up to 6.000 euros.
- Small companies or microenterprises with between 0 and less than 3 employees: grants of up to 2.000 euros
The beneficiary company, depending on its necessities, will be able to choose which of the digital solution or solutions included in the catalog it will invest its voucher in. Therefore, before applying for them, we recommend that you study all the possibilities available, taking into account your objectives
This edition has a new feature: two more categories than the ones foreseen are included in the catalog. These are advanced presence on the Internet and Marketplace. Thus, the catalog of grants and the maximum amount of each one, would be:
- Websites and basic presence on the Internet, up to 2.000€
- E-commerce, up to 2.000€
- Social networks management, up to 2.500€
- Customers management, up to 4.000€
- Business intelligence and analytic, up to 4.000€
- Processes management, up to 6.000€
- Electronic bill, up to 1.000€
- Virtual office services and tools, up to 250€
- Secure communications and cybersecurity, up to 125€
- Advanced Internet presence, up to 2.000€ Marketplace, up to 2.000€
What are the requirements for the Digital Kit program?
In order to enjoy the digital bonus offered by this initiative, there are a series of requirements of the digital kit program that must be met, otherwise, you will not be able to apply for it:
- Be a small business, microenterprises or freelancer
- Comply with the financial and effective limits that define the categories of companies
- To be registered and have the minimum seniority established by the call for applications.
- Not to be considered as a company in crisis
- Be up to date with tax and Social Security obligations
- Not be subject to an outstanding recovery order from the European Commission that has declared an illegal and incompatible with the common market aid.
- Not to incur in any of the prohibitions foreseen in Article 13.2 of 38/2003 Law, of November 17th, 2003, General Law on Subsidies.
- Not to exceed the minimum aid limit (small amounts)
- To have the Digital Maturity Level assessment, according to the diagnostic test available on the Acelera PYME platform
How to apply for the Digital Kit assistance?
Now that you have verified that you meet all the requirements, it is time to apply for the Digital Kit grant, to do this, you have to follow these three steps:
2. Request the Digital Kit grant in the electronic site Red.es.
At the moment, there are two calls available: a first one for companies with between 10 and less than 50 employees, which opened on March 15th and closes on September 15th. And the second edition for companies with between 3 and less than 10 employees, which opens on September 2nd of 2022 and closes on September 2nd of 2023
3. Complete all the steps of the form
The Digital Kit is a great opportunity to boost your business and transform it. Therefore, from La Lonja de la Innovación we encourage you to take advantage of it and enjoy the benefits that it offers for your startup. Without a doubt, another great help for your startup is to have the support of a team of expert mentors in the sector to guide you in developing and boosting your project, for this reason, in La Lonja de la Innovación there are several initiatives such as our startup acceleration program or the FIWARE training program, which you can sign up for.